To report an outage, call
Since the beginning of COVID-19, Blue Ridge Energy made the decision to suspend disconnects, waive late fees and offer special payment plans to assist our members and customers during this difficult time. While the decision had already been made to extend these special circumstances until August, Gov. Cooper issued a new Executive Order 142 on May 30 outlining the same timeline. We encourage everyone (including Flexpay members) to continue paying your energy bill to avoid a large balance at the end of this crisis. Call us at 1-800-451-5474 to set up a special payment plan.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Ways to do business with us
Blue Ridge Energy
PO Box 112
Lenoir, NC 28645
At a Kiosk
P&F payments at district office locations only
Chat with us
In order to minimize potential spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please continue to utilize our online and by-phone services.
Blue Ridge Energy opened our district showrooms by appointment only on May 26. Social distancing is being observed along with enhanced facility cleaning and sanitation stations. Employees are also wearing masks for everyone's protection.
In this Together crisis energy assistance information
While Blue Ridge Energy was already extending the date of waiving disconnects and late fees until August, Gov. Cooper issued a new Executive Order 142 on May 30 outlining the same timeline. However, we’re concerned about those with mounting bills and we want to prevent local families from facing additional financial burdens as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
For those members and customers who have been able to return to work, now is the time to contact us for a customized payment plan and discuss crisis energy bill assistance available through our In This Together Covid-19 Relief Fund.
We want to encourage everyone (including Flexpay members) to continue paying your energy bill, if you are financially able, to avoid a large accumulating balance at the end of this crisis. Call us at 1-800-451-5474 to set up a special payment plan.
Help with your bill
We know some members and customers have been impacted financially by work closings and other COVID-19 issues. We care about those we serve and want to help. Here are steps we’ve taken to help during this crisis:
- Electric and Propane and Fuels: We are happy to help those who need a special payment plan during this time. You can request this by calling 1-800-451-5474.
- Electric: we suspended disconnections for late or non-payments as well as associated "late" fees. This includes members using our FlexPay (pay as you use) plan.
- Propane and Fuels: fees associated with same-day and emergency deliveries as well as late payment fees were waived during this unusual time. If you'd like to avoid a large accumulating balance, please call us at 1-800-451-5474.
- Additionally: Other assistance is available through your local helping organizations. Click here for a list of Emergency Assistance Agencies. Several of these agencies also work with Blue Ridge Energy to provide electric and fuel bill assistance from our Operation Round Up and In This Together funds for crisis assistance.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing the tissue in the trash or by using your elbow (the vampire cough or sneeze).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid shaking hands or hugging.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick with a distance of six feet or more
- Stay home when you are sick.
- It is not recommended that people who are well wear a facemask, but facemasks should be used by those who show symptoms of COVID-19 or other flu or flu-like symptoms to help prevent the spread of disease to others.
- Also stay extra vigilant about cyber scams regarding COVID-19. Cyber actors may send emails with malicious attachments or links to fraudulent websites to trick victims into revealing sensitive information or donating to fraudulent charities or causes.
- Exercise caution in handling any email with a COVID-19-related subject line, attachment, or hyperlink, and be wary of social media pleas, texts or calls related to COVID-19.
State and Federal Information
NC Executive Order #124 from Gov. Roy Cooper | Additional Information (May 31, 2020)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention | N.C. Department of Health and Human Services
Blue Ridge Energy Announces Special COVID-19 Relief Fund (Mar 27, 2020)
Blue Ridge Energy Closes Offices as Coronavirus Precaution (Mar 13, 2020)
Blue Ridge Energy Response Plan Activated for Coronavirus (Mar 12, 2020)
*Community room activity and other public meetings have been canceled until further notice.
We will review the cancellation policy as the situation warrants.