5 Ways to Save Energy Without Spending Money
Looking for some ways to save energy without spending any money? Here are five no-cost ways to lower your monthly energy bills.
1. Turn off lights Light makes up about 10% of your electricity consumption. To save energy, turn off lights when you leave a room or when natural daylight is sufficient.
2. Run full loads Only run your dishwasher and clothes washer when they are full. Wash your clothes in cold water when you can to save on water heating costs.
3. Unplug unused electronics Standby power can account for up to 10% of your annual energy use. Unplug power-draining devices like video game consoles and TVs when they're not in use.
4. Adjust the thermostat Adjust temperatures at night or when you're not at home to give your HVAC system a break. It may seem trivial, but changing the temperature by just one degree can save money and energy.
5. Take shorter showers Shortening your shower time by just two minutes can save 1,500 gallons of water each year.
Use these no-cost tips to save energy and money, and make your home more comfortable and efficient.
Want More Tips & Other Helpful Resources?
Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter for more money-saving ways to manage your energy use!