To report an outage, call
Since the beginning of COVID-19, Blue Ridge Energy has worked to assist our members during this difficult time. With the expiration of Gov. Cooper's Executive Orders 124 and 142, Blue Ridge remains committed in our efforts by continuing to suspend disconnects and waiving penalty and late fees for electric members until October. However, we encourage everyone with a past due balance (including Flexpay members) to call us by August 31 at 1-800-451-5474 to set up a special payment plan or ask us about crisis assistance from the In This Together Relief Fund.
Beware of Scam Artists Calling, Posing as Blue Ridge Electric
Blue Ridge Electric Membership Corporation is warning the public about telephone scams targeting members.
These scams occur year round but several reports from members have been received recently, including business accounts. Typically the caller demands immediate payment over the telephone and threatens to disconnect their electricity if the member doesn’t comply. Sometimes the caller suggesting purchasing a prepaid, reloadable debit card.
Telephone scams such as this are becoming increasingly common. The cooperative warns members to be aware of this type of fraudulent activity and to take steps to protect their identity and money. The cooperative recommends the following tips:
- If someone calls asking for immediate payment on your electric bill, don't give out your personal information! This includes your Blue Ridge Electric account number, your banking information, social security number or any other personal information.
- If you’re suspicious or uneasy about the caller, feel free to end the call and immediately call Blue Ridge Electric at a number you know to belong to the cooperative to discuss any concerns about your account. Don't trust a telephone number a caller gives you! Instead, keep your local Blue Ridge Electric office number handy and call us when you have questions:
- Caldwell: 828-754-9071
- Watauga: 828-264-8894
- Ashe: 336-846-7138
- Alleghany: 336-372-4646
- or toll-free: 800-451-5474. We’re available 24/7.
- You can also set up secure, 24/7 access to your Blue Ridge Electric account at www.BlueRidgeEMC.com.
- Always report fraudulent calls to your local law enforcement authority as well as to Blue Ridge Electric.
Blue Ridge Electric serves some 74,000 members in Caldwell, Watauga, Ashe, Alleghany, Avery, Alexander and Wilkes counties. For more information, visit www.BlueRidgeEMC.com or call a local Blue Ridge Electric office.