To report an outage, call
- When you opt-in to the service, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to 70216. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from 70216. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again. In addition, each campaign has an individual stop code that will allow you to just stop getting messages from that campaign instead of stopping all messages.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP” to 70216. After you send the SMS message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- By electing to participate in Messaging, you are authorizing us to contact you via the method (Voice Communication, SMS/Texting or Email) that you selected. Such selection shall be considered as affirmative consent to receive the related messages should these messages ever be classified as “commercial” in nature.
- We can deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers:
Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and T-Mobile USA
Minor carriers: Indigo Wireless, MetroPCS, Bluegrass Cellular, Illinois Valley Cellular, Viaero Wireless, Pine Belt, GCI Communications, Nex Tech Communications, Shelcomm, Duet Wireless, Inland Cellular, James Valley Cellular (JVC), Standing Rock Telecom, Cross Wireless, Northwest Missouri Cellular, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Thumb Cellular, Carolina West Wireless, Union Telephone, MTPCS Cellular One (Cellone Nation), Cordova, Copper Valley Telecom, ASTAC, Rural Independent Network Alliance (RINA), West Central Wireless, Chat Mobility, SouthernLINC, Panhandle Wireless, Cellcom, Truphone, Google Voice, United Wireless, bandwidth.com (includes Republic Wireless), Altice Mobile, Atlantic Tele-Network International (ATNI), Brightlink, Inteliquent, Aerialink, Blue Wireless, Chariton Valley Cellular, Digital Communications Consulting, TextMe, Pioneer Cellular, East Kentucky Network (Appalachian Wireless), Limitless Mobile, Cellular One of N.E. Arizona, Nemont US UMTS, Nemont CDMA, MTA Wireless/Matanuska Kenai, Pine Cellular, Triangle Wireless, Telnyx, Enflick, C Spire Wireless (aka Cellular South), Virgin Mobile, Boost Mobile, United States Cellular Corp
***Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages***
- We do not have any liability for delays or failures to deliver Messaging, including without limitation, a billing or payment related notification, outage related notification or other service alert or notification. We do not warrant or guarantee that Messaging will be received, and we disclaim all liability for any lost or misdirected Messaging.
- Message frequency may vary for subscribers of Blue Ridge Energy based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to account activity and usage, choices, and weather (for weather-based Messaging).
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message rates will vary on the alerts you sign up for. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can contact us here: https://www.blueridgeenergy.com/contact.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Blue Ridge Energy from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from or related to your use of Messaging or any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
- Blue Ridge Energy reserves the right to update or modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice by posting updated terms and conditions on this site.